Thursday, March 10, 2011

Two much late posts combined into one

I missed two posts, and probably won't even get credit for them, but here it goes anyways:

I'm writing my paper on the effect the spread of democracy by the United States has had and is having on foreign nations. I was going to point out key eras where this was a prominent issue, including the Cold War era and the issues of today.

I'm a little stuck on my tentative thesis because I'm having a hard time picking a side on this one. My thesis would either be that we're having a positive effect with this democratization and should seek to continue these efforts of conversion globally or that we're negatively impacting the nations we attempt to democratize and should step away from changing the ways that they run their countries.

I'm looking for ideas, thoughts and suggestions (PRIME TIME FOR COMMENTS), and any help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment