Friday, January 7, 2011

Brain Stew

As many people already know from class, i find it very difficult to write without a topic, hence brainstorming isn't particularly of my liking, since it involves the perilous journey to Mount Doom, the black hole of no topic. So I'm just going to stir this stew a little.

I suppose many of my topics could stem from my work experience. I've worked retail for over two years, first at Gamestop in my hometown, and now at the Museum of Art here on campus. I've noticed many things, mostly dealing with people and their attitudes. Most of the time i think what comes to mind for me is just people's refusal to be happy. I mean, i know people are let going out of their way to spend money, but like, isn't it something you sort of want? Also, people's impatience with technology is something that's somewhat irritated me i suppose.

Like i said, this is the thought part of writing for me, so if anyone has any suggestions, please throw them down.

1 comment:

  1. Haha really liking the first paragraph and the title. Anyway, I agree with you. I see a lot of people that just aren't happy with life. Even if they have all the things in the world, they themselves need to have a change of mind, and want to be happy in order to gain happiness.

    ReplyDelete