Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Nucleus.

As you probably already know I'm Taylor Jackson. But there are some things you may not know. I'm from Taylorsville, Utah, there are five people in my family, and I am the oldest of two other siblings. I graduated with the class of 2010 at Cottonwood High School, in Murray, Utah.

As far as my scholarly aspirations go, I am currently in the pre-major for Animation, and will apply to the major after returning from my mission, leaving in August. With Animation, I hope to either work for a movie company such as Pixar, or a video game development company, such as Disney Interactive or Electronic Arts (EA). Beyond my academic pursuits, I plan to soon, as I said, leave for my mission in August, and upon return become a Resident Assistant in Helaman Halls. I currently work at the Museum of Art, and hope to remain employed there through the semester. Most Important of my aspirations are to continue living the gospel and a Christ-centered life, to remain worthy of the blessings of a mission, the temple and an eternal familiy.

6 comments:

  1. Those are some great aspirations, Taylor. And I have so say its been a secret dream of mine to work for a video game development company...it would be so cool (although I'd rather do the writing than the animation).

    -cbh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animation sounds really cool, I've only met a few people who've ever wanted to go into that sort of career, it definitely sounds really interesting. What made you want to pursue this sort of career? A particular movie? Or game maybe? Nonetheless, good luck with that! I've heard that art and animation majors can get pretty intense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that it was particular movie or game, but i've always been a huge fan of both, partially because of how visually stunning they've become over the years. In high school, started taking some engineering courses, and they turned out to be a little too manufacturing-esque for my tastes. I asked my instructor if he had anything more in design, and he pointed me to the 3D Animation class. I took those for two years and just fell in love. And yeah, the major here is pretty intense, only about 20 kids get accepted each year, but i'm remaining hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor, that's amazing about the animations program. Keep it up! It sounds amazing. Best of luck! :]

    MEB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taylor! We were in the same Y-group together! I think that's ridiculously awesome you're going to be an animator, it would be so cool to work for any of those companies you talked about! How exciting to be going on a mission in August! Do you know where you're going yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 days later.... Claire! I'm super stoked we're in the same group again!! super duper awesome. I'm really excited about potentially being an animator! And unfortunately i won't be able to turn in my papers until late february, but i'll be sure to let you know!!

    ReplyDelete