Thursday, February 3, 2011

Late Opinion on the Opinion Editorial

I enjoyed the process of the opinion editorial. Normally, i only write a single draft or two. While this improves the quality of my first drafts, it's not particularly an effective style of writing. I liked that there were multiple drafts due on different days, which forced me to be constantly reviewing and revising my work.

I found all three types of reviewing offered by the class to be very beneficial. The first, with Chris, helped point out the strong points of my paper, and gave some suggestions that could help strengthen my arguments. The peer review was great because I was able to get some advise from someone who was working on the same project, gaining insight into some practices that helped make their papers stronger. The Writing Center was a tremendous amount of help in finding ways to implement the suggestions more efficiently that i had received through previous reviews.

Overall, i enjoyed the process of writing this paper. It was a topic in which i enjoyed writing about, felt strongly about, and was able to bring up strong points and arguments.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the reviewing process too! Chris's review was nice because we got to hear from the grader.
    -csm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Chris look at our papers before hand was extremely beneficial! What better way to boost your grade than having the person who grades it give you pointers.

    -ER

    ReplyDelete